Here at www.sounds-familiar.info we are committed to safeguarding the privacy of our visitors and safeguarding our intellectual property. In this policy we will explain the types of information collected by www.sounds-familiar.info and how we will treat and protect your personal information.
We may collect, store and use the following kinds of personal information:
www.sounds-familiar.info uses log files on our servers. These log files contain internet protocol (IP) addresses, Internet Service Provider (ISP), type of browser, date/time stamps, referring pages, landing/exit pages and number of clicks to analyse trends, administer the website, track user’s movements around the site and gather demographic information. The above information is not linked to any information that is personally identifiable.
www.sounds-familiar.info has no control over these cookies as they are used by third-party advertisers and agencies.
Should you wish to disable or delete cookies, you can do this through your individual browser options. More information about cookie management for specific web browsers can be found on the website of the respective browser’s vendor (such as Apple, Google, Microsoft and Mozilla).
Discussion forum page information
Our ‘Request Advert Music’ page gives users the ability to post messages to www.sounds-familiar.info. As part of this feature visitors are able to provide the information below:
- Information that you provide to us when registering with our website. This can include your name, email address and website address (if provided).
- Information that you post to our website for publication on the internet (including your user name, your profile pictures and the content of your posts/comments)
- Information contained in or relating to any communication that you send to us or send through our website enquiry and advert request forms.
We may use this information to:
- Personalise our website for you and for the benefit of user experience
- Administer our website and its user database
- Send you email notifications that you have specifically requested
- Send non-marketing emails for administration purposes only
- Send occasional emails about new features or updates to the website
- Deal with any enquiries made by you about the website and its content
Disclosure of personal information:
- We will not, without your express consent, supply your personal information to any third party for the purpose of their or any other third party’s direct marketing.
- We may disclose your personal information to the extent that we are required to do so by law or in connection with any ongoing or prospective legal proceedings.
When first visiting the site you will have the option to accept or decline various types of cookies used by this site. Here you can modify your browser settings to decline any or all of these cookies if you prefer by using the ‘Manage Options’ button in the consent popup form.
For more information on controlling cookies please visit aboutcookies.org. Please note that by declining or disabling cookies you may not be able to access certain features of sounds-familiar.info. To opt out of being tracked by Google Analytics across all websites please Google’s Opt Out page.
Cookies do not typically contain any information that personally identifies a user, but personal information that we store about you may be linked to the information stored in and obtained from cookies.
We use third-party advertising companies to provide adverts on our website. These companies will never see or use any personal details, but may use statistical information about your visits to this and other websites in order to provide personalised advertisements about goods and services of interest to you. If you would like more information about this process and would like to know your opt-out options please visit Google’s privacy advertisements terms page.
*Visitor data is also collected and stored via third party services